Last week, I found myself pitching my tent as the sun slipped below towering granite peaks of Glencoe in Scotland.
I was on my own, on the remote and wild Rannoch Moor in the shadows of one of Scotland’s infamously rugged and dangerous peaks - Buachaille Etive Mor.
I was excited to be there on my own.
To be out there in the dark. At one with nature, as the chilly night wind blew. This is what resilience is all about.
Being able to cope. Overcoming any fears. Embracing the solitude.
I was determined to make it a rewarding experience. To be at one with nature in a remote part of this world.
Stripping it back to the basics and being able to cope and enjoy. It was a very pure, organic and authentic experience and something that will be locked into my memories.
- Step out and try something new.
- Challenge yourself and have the courage to go out and do it.
- Don’t be frightened to try new things and new experiences.
- Take time to reflect on your journey.
- Above all, be positive about life and what you are doing.
- Positivity moves you forward.