As part of his 'Inspiring Leadership' podcast series, I was interviewed by Jonathan Bowman-Perks about my thoughts and views on Leadership and what makes a good Leader.
If ever there was a time for good Leadership, then the COVID-19 pandemic is proving to be a challenging testing ground for that.
Podcast Topics and Useful Links (time in podcast):
- My Career Path and my journey into Leadership (0:27)
- What extreme explorers and elite athletes have to teach High Net Worth Families and vice versa? (6:45)
- Brigade Squad (7:05)
- What has given me the humility to work with all the types of clients that I do? (10:28)
- What advice I would have appreciated some 30 years ago when I was 18? (12:19)
- My proudest and darkest moments in my life (25:40)
- What are my top tips on being Healthy, Wealthy and Wise? (36:44)
- What do I think that make an Inspiring Leader and Team (41:00)
- What leader has Inspired me and why?
- Ernest Shackleton (48:45)
- What has been the impact of the Pandemic on me? (49:51)
- What are my top tips for leading in a crisis and in time of change (57:14)?
- What mistakes do I see people making? (1:00:40)
- What would I like my legacy to be? (1:00:50)
- What are My Book Recommendations (1:01:00):
- Breath - James Nestor
- Peak - Anders Ericsson
- The Tools - Phil Stutz and Barry Michels
- The Captain Class - Sam Walker
- Complete Family Wealth - James E. Hughes
- Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter
- The Execution Premium - Robert Kaplan and David P. Norton
- The Chimp Paradox - Prof. Steve Peters
What are My Top Tips:
Be Positive – Get rid of negativity in your life.
Don’t overwhelm yourself with the task - Focus on one step at a time.
Learn to listen – get the other person to speak first and listen. You will prevent yourself falling in any elephant traps.
Clear Objective – make sure you have a clear objective or direction of travel.
Resilience – work on building your resilience.
Lifelong learning – never stop learning and re-skilling. Slow is more effective than fast and rushed.
What to know more about Jonathan Bowman-Perks, click here
Other podcasts from Jonathan Bowman-Perks can be found here